The Chair of Russian Language and Literature was founded in 2003.
Its activities are aimed at studying, developing and implementing programs for teaching Russian language and literature for all specialties of the university.
Russian language and literature teachers training in Armenian schools (bachelor’s degree), Russian philologists training (Master’s degree), development and implementation of programs on theory and practice of translation (Russian-Armenian, Armenian-Russian). The main goals and objectives of the Chair are:
- training of teachers of Russian language and literature in the Armenian school (bachelor’s degree)
- training of philologists-Russian (Master’s degree)
- development and implementation of programs on theory and practice of translation (Russian-Armenian, Armenian-Russian).
- teaching students of different faculties the Russian language, taking into account the specifics of each faculty.
The research activity of the Chair is based on four directions:
- Modern methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language. The Chair is working on the study, development and implementation of new methods and techniques of teaching RFL.
- Study and analysis of problems and tasks related to the methodology of teaching Russian language and literature in the Armenian school. The Chair maintains contact with schools; teachers of the Chair regularly participate in round tables and conferences on the problems of teaching Russian in schools and higher educational institutions.
- The study and introduction of innovative technologies into the process of teaching the Russian language.
- Deepening the theoretical focus of the study of Russian literature.
The Chair has a cabinet of Russian language and literature. The Chair keeps in touch with colleagues from leading universities of Armenia and Russia, teachers of the Chair are published in scientific publications of Artsakh, Armenia, Russia.